Premium grade deformable rubber modified cement based adhesive for bonding ceramic tiles and stone material with superior coverage
WHERE TO USE
For interior floor and wall installations, suitable for most ceramic tile types, mosaics, porcelain, natural stone, fully vitrified and quarry tiles, over most traditional, well prepared substrates including fully cured concrete and render, plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting.
Some application examples
Bonding ceramic tiles and mosaics on the following substrates:
• for gypsum substrates and anhydrite screeds, provided they are dry and have been treated with a coat of Primer G;
• conventional concrete slabs or suspended concrete slabs provided they are completely cured and stable;
• conventional renders and cement mortar walls;
• plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting that is pre-primed and installed for tiling purposes;
• timber flooring (including rigid plywood, structural particleboard, chipboard, etc.) provided that fibre cement ceramic tile underlay (CTU) has been installed prior to tiling;
• rigid plywood or structural particleboard substrates if mixed with Isolastic 50;
• suitable for use over MAPEI and/or MAPEI approved waterproofing membranes.
Adeflex R is an off-white powder composed of cement, special fillers based on recycled materials synthetic resins and special additives according to a formula developed in the MAPEI Research Laboratories.
When Adeflex R is blended with water, it becomes a creamy mortar which has anextraordinary pot life and is easy to spread. It has excellent thixotropic properties allowing it to be applied on vertical substrates without slumping or sagging.
Adeflex R is easily workable with exceptional coverage. It has a short setting time and floors can be grouted after approximately 6-8 hours.
Adeflex R is a cementitious, deformable adhesive of Class C1S1 when mixed with water. The adhesion strength and deformability of Adeflex R can be improved by mixing it with Isolastic 50 or Isolastic diluted 1:1 with water, resulting in an adhesive of Class C2S2 (improved and highly deformable).