High-performance, anti-efflorescence, non-irritating quick-setting and drying polymer-modified mortar with water-repellent DropEffect® and mould- resistant BioBlock® technology for grouting joints from 2 to 20 mm wide.
CLASSIFICATION ACCORDING TO EN 13888
Ultracolor Plus is a cementitious (C), non irritating mortar for grouting (G) improved (2), with reduced water absorption (W) and high resistance to abrasion (A), class CG2WA.
WHERE TO USE
Internal and external grouting of floors and walls in all types of ceramic (double-fired, single-fired, klinker, porcelain, etc.), terracotta, stone material (natural stone, marble, granite, agglomerates, etc.), and glass and marble mosaic.
Some application examples
• Grouting floors and walls in areas subject to intense traffic (airports, shopping centres,
restaurants, bars, etc.).
• Grouting floors and walls in residential areas (hotels, private houses, etc.).
• Grouting floors and walls on façades, balconies, terraces and on swimming pools.
Ultracolor Plus is a mortar formulated not to be irritant made up of a blend of special hydraulic binders, graded aggregates, special polymers, water repellent admixtures, organic molecules and pigments.
With Ultracolor Plus, the Ultracolor technology is based on a special, self-hydrating hydraulic binder which guarantees perfect colour uniformity, by two innovative technologies which are the result of MAPEI research: BioBlock® and DropEffect®.
® consists in special organic molecules which, by distributing themselves evenly in the micro-structure of the joints, block the formation of micro-orga mould damage.
The DropEffect® technology, with a synergic effect, reduces the absorption of surface water.
When it is mixed with water in the proportions recommended and correctly applied, Ultracolor Plus forms a grouting mortar with the following characteristics:
• water-repellent and droplet-effect;
• uniform colour and free of staining since Ultracolor Plus does not produce efflorescence.
From an analysis carried out using an electronic microscope (SEM), note that, compared with a Portland cement-based binder in a normal cementitious grouting mortar, the special cements in Ultracolor Plus do not generate the calcium hydroxide (hydrolysis lime) crystals during the hydration process, which cause efflorescence;
• colours resistant to ultra-violet rays and atmospheric agents;
• short waiting time before cleaning and easy finishing;
• ready for light foot traffic and for use after a short period of time;
• smooth, compact finished surface, with low water absorbency for easy cleaning;
• shrinkage compensated, therefore free from cracks;
• optimum resistance to abrasion, compression and flexural strength, even after freeze/thaw cycles,
and therefore optimum durability;
• good resistance to acids with pH > 3.